Monday, April 14, 2014

Review Percentages

So I 'sold' over a 1000 books. AWESOME!

My question is this: at one point do the reviews start coming in? I'm not gonna hold my breath, peeps, and I'll tell you why.

When I first got my Kindle, I didn't know there were such things as free books. Then a month or two later someone let me in on a little secret: the free book list.

Oh. My. Word.

I went crazy! I was downloading books like a junkie with a fifty dollar bill. Books, books and more books! Books in every genre! Books for every taste! Books of every length!

At some point, I did actually start reading the books. But, such a long list of To Be Reads. I wish I had written down the method I used to choose which ones I read first. Was it an engaging cover? A clever blurb? A title that had me so curious I couldn't wait?

Generally, I choose books by my mood. If I'm in the mood for a romance, a historical romance, a paranormal...I can tell. I have a specific emotional thing going on in my head and I know what I need.

All of this babbling to say...when I finally got to a book to read it, I probably forgot whether or not it was a free deal or one a friend had recommended. And before I had written and published my own, I didn't know the value of a well-written review!

This is why I'm not going to hold my breath to wait for more reviews. The people who got my book for free were probably, like me, browsing the free books and downloading file after file. Who knows when they will get around to actually reading mine.

And that, my friends, is why I should probably get back on the PR campaign in social media. If I can get the word out there to a wide enough audience, hopefully I can catch a few of the buyers and remind them to read that cool sounding book they got for a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment