Friday, January 24, 2014

The Power of Music Driving Your Writing


I lay on the couch last night, unmotivated to write, even though I have a self-imposed deadline. My mental convo was along the lines of 'I need to write. But I'm too lazy. I need to write. I don't feel like it. Blah.'

I stared at the YouTube videos playing 'Tiny Houses' films of people building closet-size homes.

Then I thought of something I was motivated to do. I remembered that there were three songs I had wanted to buy because they were PERFECT for my writing playlist.



I'm always in the mood to shop!

So I got on Amazon and found my songs and bought them and downloaded them.

Since I was already on my laptop, I opened up my WIP file, and started playing my music. And before I knew it, I had written over a 1000 words.

Fist bump!

I love a good success story. Write on, my friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment