Sunday, December 8, 2013

One, Two, Skip a Few

Welcome to the V. L. Holt author blog!

I'm so excited to present my debut novel, 97, on December 13 of 2013. It took about a year to write and finesse. It's the first book in a trilogy called Rise of the Battle Bred.

For more information on 97, check out my Facebook page: Rise of the Battle Bred. Snoop around and you'll find some sample chapters, posts about the evolution of the book, and whatnot.

This is an auspicious time for independent authors. On Demand publishing is booming. Numerous companies offer self-publishing software or other easy methods to upload your own book.

I tried the traditional publishing route about seventeen years ago, and then gave up as my family responsibilities grew and I lost interest in paddling upriver with publishing houses.

Almost twenty years later, I wrote a book in a completely different genre, having birthed an amazing paranormal story idea and bringing it into fruition. With access to On Demand publishing available like never before, I utilized my own honed editing skills along with the superb help of some friends, and decided to take on independent publishing.

It's a learning curve, no doubt, and even kind of frustrating at times, but I have high hopes that it will be well worth the work, sweat, aggravation and unbelievable anxiety trips.

I don't know how often I'll update the blog; it probably depends on traffic and also the (hopefully!) rising popularity of 97. But I expect here at the beginning that I'll be on frequently to update how things are going.

I hope you'll stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment